Sunday 11 January 2015

Brechfa valley yesterday

A half hour wander in a previously unexplored valley in the forestry a couple of miles from home (there are lots of similar ones here!) produced the bryophilous fungus Octospora rubens and the first Brechfa Forest record of Riccardia latifrons.  The latter was growing over Nowellia on a log and a conifer stump, and had no oil bodies when microscoped.  The walk also gave a few photos for me to Tweat, as I've just joined that scary world @sambbryo!

No Riccardia in this patch...

2 comments:

  1. I've never dared enter the scary world of tweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am on Twitter @Gowermoss (yes I know my background neither a moss nor is in Gower, but not many folk will realise that and it looks pretty). As with FB I don't use it very much, but it is great for local bird news @welshbirders and posting the odd photo.

    ReplyDelete